Monday, December 17, 2012

Royal Decree - 12/17/2012

Good evening everyone and welcome to another week here at City of Traders!!!

Today is my one year wedding anniversary (Yay!) and that means I am taking the evening off (aww).  So what does that mean for you the beloved and devoted reader?  It means that you are going to get the raw data via this blog and that you will get to make your own predictions and interpretations.  I will point out a brief few highlights, but for the most part, this week is going to be very, very light.

Here is the data, all 5 at once:

Return to Ravnica:
All prices are mid on tcgplayer.com at the given date
Avacyn Restored:
All prices are mid on tcgplayer.com at the given date
Dark Ascension:
All prices are mid on tcgplayer.com at the given date
Innistrad:
All prices are mid on tcgplayer.com at the given date
M13:
All prices are mid on tcgplayer.com at the given date

With all of that data, here are the brief remarks:

Chromatic Lantern may be headed up.  I feel like this isn't the only Commander card to do this, more on that later.

Deathrite Shaman is always a good pick up and with all of the Modern that people will be playing soon it doesn't hurt to have more of these in your collection

Angel of Glory's Rise is ironically still on the rise.  Keep an eye on this one.

Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is solidly trending up.  It really is a good time to be a Reanimator target in standard right now, and I feel as though this card is going to keep headed up.  Get these cheap while you can.

Falkenrath Aristocrat is trending up and has been for the past two weeks. I assume this is due to the popularity of BR Aggro and to the fact that people finally realized how integral she is to Aggro's winning stragety.

Huntmaster of the Fells is trending up.  I feel like he is on par with Geist of Saint Traft and is one to watch.

Predator Ooze is slowly kinda moving up, not sure whats going on here but I wanted to mention it.

Thalia, Guardian of Tharaben is awesome and still trending up.

Angelic Overseer is up over the past two weeks.  Once again, Mythic reanimater targets that are actually castable are in a good spot right now in Standard.

Akroma's Memorial is moving up.  I have mentioned before that this is a super sweet Commander card and will bring a high price tag when it is no longer easy to come by (read: people stop opening M13 packs).  Get these while they are still cheap before they move back up in price.

Gilded Lotus:  See the above post about Akroma's Memorial.

Master of the Pearl Trident is creeping up.  Fish is a thing and people are going to continue playing them in Legacy so why not play a one sided Lord of Atlantis.  My advice here is the same as I gave about Akroma's grab them while they are still being opened and sell them when they aren't anymore.

Rootbound Crag: Gruul Incoming.  That's all I've got.

Thundermaw Hellkite is going to peak soon, sell accordingly.

Alright everyone, that is what I've got for you this week.  Once again, I apologize for the light week, but at the same time I'm going to wholeheartedly enjoy my Anniversary :D  Next week may be similarly light due to the fact that it is Christmas Eve and I am pretty sure the only people working then are Santa, his elves, and anyone working retail.  But, have no fear, for I will return after the new year with new insight and more Magic Financial data for you to revel in.  Until next time my friends, may your games be great and may your trades be awesome!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment